For those of you who know me well, you know spending $100 or more on one item is not unheard of; but you also know that I believe great style can be attained at any price point. From Hermes and Gucci, to H&M and Old Navy, my wardrobe has it all.
Recently, I was approached to participate in Walmart’s ‘Frugal Challenge’ to create a look from their store with a $100 gift card they would provide. I accepted the challenge, eager to style a look that was both affordable and fashionable. Apparently, I’m an over-achiever because I created not only one, but two, summer looks for $100! Sounds unbelievable right?! Friends, I tell you that it is possible to look great on a budget!
*at the end of this blog post you will see how much each item costs [in both looks], plus the grand total!
How to create two summer looks for only $100?!
- Find a store that has affordable clothing. I discovered the George collection at Walmart has some fun options.
- Search for two dresses that you love. Dresses are great because you only buy one item, instead of a top and bottom – which comes in handy when you’re on a budget.
- Pick accessories you can wear with both looks. Although accessories may not be on the expensive side, when you want a bracelet, ring, earrings, etc., it adds up. That’s why it’s best if you can find ones that compliment both dresses you picked.
- Look for sales! There are a lot of sales out there, which feels like an extra bargain when you’re on a budget!
- Add up your total and see if you have any wiggle room. When I calculated my total, I realized that I could add a few more pieces to my looks, so I decided to give each of my looks a different tote bag. You can choose to do the same, or change it up with different shoes or accessories – as long as it fits your budget!
- Have fun! Creating a stylish look on a budget is actually pretty fun. I left the store really proud of myself and what I had accomplished ;) haha.
My Walmart Price Break Down:
- Purple Maxi Dress (look#1) – $20
- Turquoise & White Striped Dress with Belt (look#2) – $15
- Straw Hat (look#1) – $9
- Multi-Coloured Aztec Print Tote Bag (look#1) – $10
- Orange & Green Striped Tote Bag (look#2) – 18
- Silver Aviator Sunglasses (look#2) – $9
- Large Circle Earrings in Silver (looks#1+2) – $2 (on sale! reg. $6)
- Three Jeweled Bracelets (looks#1+2) – $4.50 ($1.50 each!)
- Sandals (looks#1+2) – $12
Total Cost of these two Walmart Outfits: $99.50
There you have it! Proof that it is definitely possible to shop for affordable clothes without sacrificing style! Are you up for the challenge?
Style Post: Black + Mustard
3 Spring Looks for Under $100 each from Costa Blanca
Casual Chic – under $150
Essie Nail Stickers – So Haute!
5 must have striped items this spring
3 must have rain essentials
What To Wear On A Rainy Day & Still Look Chic